Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Everything is a knot in process of flow



We are all connected in ways that we don`t even know

17/30 October 2012

When I decided to start my travel I promised myself to keep up a blog where to write my experiences. The idea was to keep all my friends and acquaintances updated on where I was and what I was doing, and to keep a sort of diary for myself. Of course I am super disorganised, I don’t have internet connection, and I get lost in chats, exchanges etc... And I find myself incapable to keep up with my own promise! Well done Gen! J
I try to summarise the last experiences.
The 17th of October I left Rome. I went to the train station by myself, the assistance was there, but they didn’t see me, so I had to ask people passing by for help. Once I arrived to the assistance room I got a bit angry with the personnel there. Useless to say then that they gave me excuses, ah, I even tried to ring them, but they wouldn’t answer the phone because they were too busy! Then I asked if they could take me to the ticket desk, but no, that’s not one of their competences... so I had to buy my ticket on the train and had to pay an overcharge! Civilised world we live in!
Anyways, I arrived near Chianciano Terme where a friend picked me up. We went to visit a piece of land (8 hectares of olive trees, wine trees and a huge house with 6 apartments). Roberto and Michela are trying to put together a group of people to form their eco-village. The place was beautiful, but they feel more attached to the place they are living now:
Unfortunately the website is in Italian, I’m working on the English translation, but.... as I’ve no time to write my own stuff... I’m not following up what I started, I will get at it sometime in the near future!
I went to see them because they were starting the dragon dreaming process with few people willing to start the eco-village adventure with them.
I won’t write much about it, too long to explain, but this method is very engaging, interesting and brings out lots of emotions as well as lots of pragmatic ideas. And as I took a Dragon Dreaming training course in July I went to support Roberto, to work a bit with him on the project and to see how this tool can be put into practice.
I thought I would have left Città di Castello (where they are) by the 21st of October; so I rang the assistance for my train trip, and they couldn’t give me the assistance for that day... so I decided... to stay a couple of days longer... those couple of days became almost 10 days.... I arrived on the 17th of October and I left there on the 30th of October. I arrived alone and I left with a new friend.
During the dragon dreaming circle I met Davide, we seemed to get on very well from the beginning, there was a nice connection, a very good understanding and it really felt like we had known each other for a very very long time.
I met very interesting and nice people during those days; Chicco, a 60 year old man who is a musician, who decided to make a living with music and would like to live in a community/eco-village; Annamaria and Marco (a painter) who are already carrying out community stuff, organic agriculture, social events near Brescia; Lillia and Emanuele... Elisa who is already a very good friend; we shared the room and at night (unless I was up talking `till latish with Davide) the 2 of us would stay up `till 3, sometimes 4 in the morning talking, laughing, sharing how we felt. She walked the Camino de Santiago last year and she gave me a shell she got from there, this happened the first night we slept in the same room! I told her I might walk the Camino next year with someone I met during my meditation time and... She felt I had to have her good luck shell! Etc.

During the dragon dreaming we also played a game and I advise you to do it too! Get a piece of paper and a pen:
Think about your favourite object,( the first one that comes to your mind, don`t think too much about it), write it down,

Write 3 characteristics of this object (colour, form, texture… anything you can think about)
Write 3 of its functions (what is it good for)We ended our 4 days of dragon dreaming with a brilliant night in front of the fire, food, drinks, music...
Can it be improved? If yes how, write it down.
What`s its final purpose? Write it down.

Davide, Elisa and I stayed with Michela, Roberto and little Antea for the next 10 days. The friendship between the lot of us got stronger, we shared our projects, dreams, uncertainties... The sun was shining for most of the time; it was incredible to think the weather could be so warm! I got a brilliant tan!
It was very interesting to see how personal dynamics developed between the different participants, which are or could be the difficulties of setting up a group in order to create a community; how many ideas, dreams, expectations, fears... need to be coordinated in order to create a solid group. I had been asked by the group to support Roberto in the facilitating task of the future meetings, unfortunately though I feel I won’t be able to keep up with this “job” as my life is quite uncertain at the moment and I keep on moving around without knowing where I go or when I go! Which is what makes it all super exciting! J




Our dragon dreaming “teacher” suggested that we check out this link, that I share with you:
Check out the Ted Talks by Amy Cuddy: Your body language shapes who you are (
http://www.ted.com/talks/amy_cuddy_your_body_language_shapes_who_you_are.html)

The 31st of October at 6.30 in the morning Davide and I left Città di Castello to go to Puglia, Giardino della Gioia. I didn’t know what to think of it... we knew each other only for less than 2 weeks, we would have shared my power flower tent, travelled together... the feeling was good, but would we really get on so well!

SOLUTIONS OF THE GAME:
Your favourite object represents you.

No comments:

Post a Comment